Easy Chocolate Fondant
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 100gm dark chocolate
- 100gm butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 whole eggs
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 30 gm plain flour
- Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Grease 4 coffee cups or 1 cup ramekins with butter.
- Melt your chocolate and butter directly on your induction cooktop on low heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk your eggs, yolks and sugar together with an electric mixer or vigorously by hand.
- Pour the chocolate mix into the egg mix and stir well.
- Add the flour and stir until well combined.
- Pour your fondant mix into your greased coffee cups, fill to 1cm from the top to allow for the fondant to rise.
- Place the fondants on a tray and put into the oven to bake for 8 – 10 minutes, ready when small cracks appear on the surface of the fondant. Don’t overcook.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
- To serve, leave in the cup or upturn from the ramekin and dust with icing sugar. Be careful as the cups will be very hot. Serve with ice cream and strawberries.